This section contains materials which support the various core short course CPD events. Short Course Specifications and Assessment Guidelines are available under Key Documents. Additional planning materials for all short courses may be found under Planning.
This 2-hour session was developed for school who chose to explore short courses as part of their Whole School day
JCT have provided support for teachers of PE via the cluster CPD model in both the 2016/17 and 2017/18 academic years. CPD Day 1 was offer to teachers via cluster CPD events in the 2016/17, and subsequently in the 2017/18 academic years. This day allowed PE teachers meet within their departments, and with those from neighbouring schools to
· Explore the key messages regarding physical education within the new Wellbeing area of learning
· Develop and share approaches to planning and assessment using learning outcomes from the new short course specification in physical education
· Consider the first steps in introducing the Wellbeing area of learning in their school
CPD Day 2 was offer to teachers via pre-Christmas cluster CPD events in the 2017/18 academic year. This day allowed PE teachers meet within their departments, and with those from neighbouring schools to
· Share practice to date regarding PE and Wellbeing in our schools
· Consider what steps can be undertaken to allow our student profile their learning in Physical Education
· Consider practice through the lens of the principles of Junior Cycle education
· Scope the next steps as a PE Department
Materials relating to this CPD Day are available below.